Pillar of Engineering Product Development
Singapore University of Technology and Design
8 Somapah Road, Building 3 Level 4 Rm 5
Web of Science Researcher ID: B-5458-2011
TEL: +65 6303 6663 Email: email@example.com
- Aug 2016-Present: Associate Professor, EPD pillar, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Oct. 2010 – July 2016: Assistant Professor, EPD pillar, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Jan. 2011- Dec. 2011: Visiting Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Aug. 2008 – Sep. 2010: Lee Kuan Yew Fellow, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Aug. 2006 – Aug. 2008: Singapore Millennium Foundation Fellow, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Teaching and course coordinating
- Integrated Learning Programme (ILP) 2012 program.
- Course Lead: Physics 1 Classical Mechanics
- Physics 2 Electromagnetism
- Independent Activity Period (IAP): Environmental catalytic
- Microelectronic Circuits & Devices
- Course coordinator: Industrial Research Project (PhD)
Professional society memberships
- Management committee member of Materials Research Society-Singapore, Singapore.
- Regular member of Materials Research Society-Singapore, Singapore.
- Regular member of Materials Research Society, USA.
- Regular member of Society of Manufacturing Engineer, USA
- Regular member of the Institution of Engineers, Singapore
- UN Women Girls2Pioneers Ambassadors
Funding supports to Yang and her team
- ST Dynamics grant (2016 to 2018)
- ANR-NRF grant (2016 to 2019)
- MOE Tier 2 grant (2015 to 2018).
- EDB IPP Program Scholarship (2015 -2019).
- AFOSR Research Grant (2015 to 2017).
- Environment and Water Industry Programme Office (EWI) grant on Water Technologies (2014 to 2017).
- SUTD DManD Center grant (2014 -)
- EDB IPP Program Scholarship (2014 -2018).
- SUTD Temasek Lab seed funding (2014 to 2015).
- EDB IPP Program Scholarship (2013 – 2017).
NRF Proof of Concept Grant (2013) – Completed.
SMART Innovation Grant (2011-2013) – Completed.
1st Singapore University of Technology and Design and Zhejiang University research collaboration CFP research project (2011-2014) – Completed.
International Design Centre, Singapore University of Technology and Design (2010-2013) – Completed.
Singapore University of Technology and Design Start-up grant (2010-2013) – Completed.
Merlion 2009 programme – Completed.
Start-up grant, Nanyang Technological University (2008-2010)- Completed.
You would only do the best if you want to do it so badly. —– Zhang Xin (China)