External Funding Received
- PI (SUTD Portion) for “Development and POC of Nurse-Robot Teaming for Care Delivery”, SG Health Assistive & Robotics Programme (SHARP) Grant.
- PI for “Automated Part Extractor for a Fleet of Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) Printers”, NAMIC.
- Task PI for “Human-Robot Collaborative AI for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering”, RIE2020 Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Programmatic grant.
- Co-PI for “Localization with Collaborative LTE and Wifi SLAM”, Temasek Lab.
- PI for “Feasibility study of the sensing capability for vibration control”, DSO National Laboratories [completed].
- Technical PI for “Evaluating the effect of a bedside rehabilitation chair on functional decline in hospitalized older adults”, Patient safety grant [completed].
- Technical PI for “Tweaking everyday objects to prevent the spread of AMR”, National Centre for Infectious Diseases [completed].
- Technical PI for “The smart handrub bottle,” Patient Safety Grant [completed].
- PI for “Privacy Panels to Improve Hand Hygiene Rates”, Singapore General Hospital (completed).
- Task PI for “Kyanite – Improved Cognitive Performance by Design”, Temasek Lab [completed].
- PI for “Human-machine interface and technology development for collaborative control of unmanned systems”, Defence Science and Technology Agency [completed].
- PI for “Integrated Physics & Math E-Learning”, MOE Academies Fund (MAF) [completed].
- Co-PI for “Telamon – Indoor Relative Positioning System (IRPS),” Temasek Lab [completed].
The research projects that the group is currently working on is summarized in the following figure and are broken into a few categories and can be found in the subsequent links.
Micromanipulation and field applications traditionally do not go hand-in-hand. The following projects illustrate how precision can be brought to the field.
- Real-time jitter compensation and tracking of distant target
- Design of a low-cost and portable robotic vision-guided platform for plant cell manipulation
- Tremor Compensation Device for Retinal Eye Microsurgery (Previous work)
In the field of human-robot interaction, the group is specifically interested in: 1) physical human-robot-environment interaction; 2) sensing of human’s physiological status ; and 3) interface design.
- Assisted medical robot with involuntary motion (both surgeon and patient) removal for ultrasound-guided kidney stone surgery
- Kyanite – Improved Cognition by Design
- Design of Human-Machine interfaces for users inside moving vehicles to control unmanned vehicles
- Infrastructureless in-door localization
- Physical sensor attack
- Orientation & angular velocity estimation in monocopter
- Algorithm for compliant mechanism design
- Constant force gripper
- Gravity compensation
- MRI-compatible optical force sensor (Previous work)
- Integrated Physics & Math for integrated interdisciplinary learning
- Interdisciplinary learning through design activities uniting “Circuits & Electronics” and “Structure & Materials”
- Interdisciplinary Teaching and Enhancement of breadth and depth of a course via two sets of learning objectives
- Using Image Processing to Understand Twentieth-Century Architectural Colour Schemes in Singapore