The ACTAlab (www.actalab.com/) at SUTD seeks applicants for a full-time postdoctoral position in theoretical materials science. The successful candidate will apply Density Functional Theory (DFT) methods to study structural phase transitions. In particular, the aim will be to understand, design, and optimise phase change materials for electrical memory applications. The position involves collaborating work with experimentalists who are also studying these phase transitions. The ideal candidate will have:
- a PhD in Physics, Material Science, or a related field.
- knowledge and experience using density functional theory codes.
- a thorough understanding of condensed matter science.
- high level of motivation.
- a positive personality.
- a good level of written and verbal English communication.
- a proven publication record.
- experience with VASP and good programming skills will be an advantage.
- he/she should also be willing to work in collaboration with experimentalists.