Postdoctoral Associate Position in Simulations of Complex Systems
Opportunity for Cutting-edge Research in Complex Systems Simulations Applied to Urban Analytics
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) seeks to fill a post-doctoral position in the area of complex systems simulations in the NRF-funded “New Urban Kampong” (NUK) Program. The NUK program aims at creating a cross-disciplinary platform through a public-private collaboration (HDB-SUTD-MIT-EDF) to rethink the future of housing in Singapore. Specifically, the NUK program consists of 4 integrated projects, and the open position is part of Project #4 on Urban Analytics in close collaboration with our industrial partner EDF. The objective of this project is to develop an urban analytics tool that incorporates the concept of Quality of Life (QoL) developed in Project #2. The selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to carry out a truly interdisciplinary work with an international team of outstanding researchers at SUTD. The primary focus will be to develop a population model using agent based modeling (ABM) approaches, with the final aim to integrate it into a large-scale simulation platform originally developed by EDF.
Research Task “Project #4”
Supervisors: Prof. Roland Bouffanais and Prof. Bige Tunçer (SUTD)
Collaborator: Mr. Benjamin Mousseau & Mr. Maxime Cassat (EDF)
|Post-doctoral||PhD holder with a background in discrete numerical simulations (agent based models, ABMs, and otherwise) and complex systems. This position will investigate topics related to virtual population simulations. Prior work on complex systems theory, or ABMs, and some experience in the application field of urban environments would be a plus.|
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension up to 3 years in total)
- Successful candidates should have received a Ph.D. degree in Physics, Computational Science or a related field.
- Research expertise in complexity science and discrete numerical simulations will be considered a plus.
- Solid working knowledge in Python coding.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and to take ownership of, and autonomously carry forward, major aspects of a research project.
- Ability of approaching research problems with a system view, of working in a multidisciplinary team environment, problem solving skills and high creativity.
- Candidates must present strong publication record, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Please state “NUK Recruitment – P4 Urban Analytics” in the email subject. Positions will be available until filled; only short-listed candidates will be notified.